Are your retrospectives boring? Do they fail to lead to real change? Or perhaps you don’t even know where to begin?
You’re not alone! Retrospectives are really hard to get right. 😢
I know because I’ve been there. The first time I facilitated an agile retrospective, I had no idea what I was doing. I simply asked my team: “so…what should we try to improve?” And what I got back was Awkward Silence. 😰💤 It probably wouldn’t surprise you that nothing good came of that retro. 😬
Knowing how important retrospectives are to agile, I dedicated myself to learning. I read blog posts and books, watched webinars, and attended conferences. I asked the experts. And then, together with my co-founder Ryan, I launched Retrium.
Fast forward a few years. Today I regularly speak at agile conferences about retrospectives. I’ve helped plan the annual Retrospective Facilitators Gathering. I’ve helped organize World Retrospectives Day. And teams from around the globe have run tens of thousands of successful retrospectives using Retrium. It’s safe to say, I’ve come a long way. 🎉
Now, I want to give back. 🤗
That’s why I created The Retrospectives Academy. I want to tell you everything I know about agile retrospectives. And I want you to be able to learn all of it, 10x faster than I ever could. ⏱️
The Retrospectives Academy is the type of resource I wish I had when I first got started with retrospectives.
Don’t miss any updates!
Signup to be notified whenever we update the Retrospectives Academy.
Everything You Need To Know About Retrospectives. In One Place. 💥
- Chapter 1: Retrospectives 101
- Chapter 2: The Five Phases of a Successful Retrospective
- Chapter 3: Facilitating Open Discussion
- Chapter 4: Increase Engagement and Participation in your Retrospectives
- Chapter 5: Data to Bring to Your Next Retrospective (coming January 24!)
- Chapter 6: Psychological Safety and Trust (coming February 28!)
- Chapter 7: Making Better Decisions To Increase Follow-Through (coming March 2020!)
- Chapter 8: Retrospectives Beyond The Team (coming April 2020!)
- Chapter 9: Retrospectives with Large Groups (coming May 2020!)
- Chapter 10: Retrospectives with Distributed or Remote Teams (coming June 2020!)
- Chapter 11: Retrospective Antipatterns, Smells, and Other Bad Things (coming July 2020!)
- Chapter 12: Overcoming Objections (coming August 2020!)