Are your retrospectives boring? Do they fail to lead to real change? Or perhaps you don’t even know where to begin?
You’re not alone! Retrospectives are really hard to get right. 😢
I know because I’ve been there. The first time I facilitated an agile retrospective, I had no idea what I was doing. I simply asked my team: “so…what should we try to improve?” And what I got back was Awkward Silence. 😰💤 It probably wouldn’t surprise you that nothing good came of that retro. 😬
Knowing how important retrospectives are to agile, I dedicated myself to learning. I read blog posts and books, watched webinars, and attended conferences. I asked the experts. And then, together with my co-founder Ryan, I launched Retrium.
Fast forward a few years. Today I regularly speak at agile conferences about retrospectives. I’ve helped plan the annual Retrospective Facilitators Gathering. I’ve helped organize World Retrospectives Day. And teams from around the globe have run tens of thousands of successful retrospectives using Retrium. It’s safe to say, I’ve come a long way. 🎉
Now, I want to give back. 🤗
That’s why I created The Retrospectives Academy. I want to tell you everything I know about agile retrospectives. And I want you to be able to learn all of it, 10x faster than I ever could. ⏱️
The Retrospectives Academy is the type of resource I wish I had when I first got started with retrospectives.
Don’t miss any updates!
Signup to be notified whenever we update the Retrospectives Academy.
Everything You Need To Know About Retrospectives. In One Place. 💥
- Chapter 1: Retrospectives 101
- Chapter 2: The Five Phases of a Successful Retrospective
- Chapter 3: Facilitating Open Discussion
- Chapter 4: Ideas To Increase Engagement (coming July 26!)
- Chapter 5: Data to Bring to Your Next Retrospective (coming August 16!)
- Chapter 6: Psychological Safety and Trust (coming September 6!)
- Chapter 7: Making Better Decisions To Increase Follow-Through (coming September 20!)
- Chapter 8: Retrospectives Beyond The Team (coming October 11!)
- Chapter 9: Retrospectives with Large Groups (coming November 8!)
- Chapter 10: Retrospectives with Distributed or Remote Teams (coming December 20!)
- Chapter 11: Retrospective Antipatterns, Smells, and Other Bad Things (coming January 10!)
- Chapter 12: Overcoming Objections (coming January 24!)